Friday, August 12, 2011

If my fiance is a co-signer, is it wrong to take whatever was bought if he is taking over the payments?

His parents are 2 months late on their payments and have no intensions of making anymore payments. They have now left my fiance with over $1,000 debt so that they can have a 50 inch tv sitting in their living room. My fiance doesn't make very much money since he is only 19, and has had 2 previous accounts sent to collections already because of his family. We also just found out the money that my fiance had given to his parents to pay off a store for him, was spent by them and now he owes another $200 to a store that he thought he paid off. We also have my daughter's first birthday coming up next month, and another one on the way who is probably going to need a lot of medical attention considering I got pregnant with an IUD. Anyways, I told my fiance to please just take the tv so we won't have this huge debt to pay, but he told me he doesn't want to because he will feel guilty. I don't think he would have anything to feel guilty about, and he should think about his family (the one that didn't screw him over!) Besides, 4 adults live in that apartment, all with full time jobs; i'm sure one of them can get the money to pay for their precious tv. So, what can I tell my fiance so that he understands that he's doing the right thing by taking the tv?

No comments:

Post a Comment